CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Potty Training at 16 mo???

So the other day Dawson kept pointing at the potty saying
"pease!pease!peas!...."
I looked at him with curiosity and replied," You want to try use the potty?"
Dawson: "Ya. Ya. Ya." and nodding his head.
So, I took off his pants and diaper- he helped of course. He's very good at stripping his pants and diaper off now :). I set him on the toilet and he kept pushing. He didn't go for like 2 minutes, so I took him off. I went to put his diaper back on and he said boldly,
"No.No.No.No." pointing at the toilet,"pease. pease.pease."
So i put him back on and he WENT POTTY!!!! WHOOHOO! I had recently taught him how to flush, put the seat down, pull pants up, wash hands, and dry hands. I had placed him on the potty before just for fun, and to teach him the process..
So after he was done going potty, I got him off, he immediately turned around and flushed the toilet, put the seat down and laid down for me to put his diaper back on!!! NO JOKE! I put it on without difficulty from Dawson. Then we got up and we washed hands and dried them. He then walked out. WHAT A KID! I couldn't believe it!

So today, he came up and did the same exact thing!!! I'm not going to push him, I think i will just keep doing it his way. I've noticed lately he has been recognizing here and there that he's peeing, but I don't think he truly gets it all the way. That's why we're just going to stick with how he wants it done. lol!

GOOD JOB DAWSON! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Smokes-Lucky! I wish Taylee would do that. What a cutie he is so smart.

Tulsi said...

That's really good. All of mine did it before age 2 and really, by them selves. I've always said I'd potty train a child before I would try and get one to Nursery. Kass was the only one who went to the Nursery ok.

Kim Wyatt said...

Haha that's freakin awesome!! Smart little boy you got there. If only all things in life would take care of themselves to easily!

Chelsea said...

DO IT IF HE WANTS!!! GOOOO GO! how awesome is that!??!?!?!!? WOW! Now, from mom to mom-- colette wanted to do it, but I was lazy, so I put her in pull ups and diapers, not ready to commit myself, it made for a WAY harder potty traning later. SO DO IT if he wants!! Brie's son potty trained himself so fast, and he has never looked back, Brie LOVES IT!

Brie said...

Yay! Dawson is awesome!!!!

Clint and Laci said...

That is so great! What a smart little boy!

Taylor Family said...

That is awesome! I hope Kelsey will be that easy!