CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My accomplishment

I just need to talk about myself for a moment. :-) I have finished 2 classes in 2 months. I'm so excited! I feel a bit behind, but I'm already 1/2 way through the next class-which will be a little bit less stressful since its not an objective exam, just a performance one. I am feeling better and better about the whole program, and am slowly figuring out the odds and ends.

I have to keep reminding myself that its sooo good that I'm finishing up my degree because ALL the time I think that it would be so much easier and less stressful if I weren't going to school. I think of all the things I could be doing instead of school....but I just keep going. It's definitely a huge sacrifice. I cant' wait to be done. I think the more I learn about the program, and get back into my study habits the easier and faster I will be able to go. I know I can do it because my sister-in-law did it with 3 kids at home (1 was a newborn) and her husband was in residency for medical school. That's a huge motivator because I don't want to wuss out or quit.

I have had an experience of quitting 1 class at UVU. I was SO deathly sick from pregnancy I just couldn't keep up. It was the worst feeling of my life. I was taking 15 credits, this particular class was online and the teacher said that I had to keep up, and wouldn't give any sympathy because it was online. I don't regret it because I know there was no way of being able to finish with how far behind i was, BUT I hated the feeling, and never want to feel that way again. So I am going to finish, it's just hard. But no one ever said it would be easy, just worth it.

So until I finish, I take care of our house, a stay at home mom, go to school, and try an do my church calling. It's such a busy life, especially since my husband has to work and study himself for school and the DAT- he's hardly home. I feel like a bad friend sometimes because I can't do all the fun things I used to, but I have such great friends who are so understanding. :-)

There's my venting...lol! The end! HAHA!

6 comments:

sarah said...

I'm proud of you for finishing your degree. That's very admirable. Keep up the good work! It will be worth it! I was so proud of myself for getting my degree. It's a big accomplishment.

B. Chad said...

You CAN do this! Just don't be so hard on yourself :) When you are all done you will be soooo glad you did it!

Clint and Laci said...

So that's why you don't hang out with me anymore! ;)

Tulsi said...

Yay for getting so much done!!

Brie said...

GO JEN!!! You're awesome! You do what you gotta do! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Keep working at it, it's hard with life in the way but you will be so happy you finish. Hope to see you soon:)