CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Powder training

I wanted to blog about this before I forgot. This is the funniest and cutest story ever!

On Sunday evening Dawson comes running in naked! He keeps doing this, especially since he would rather be naked than wear clothes/diaper any day, at any time. I guess he just thinks it's easier to be naked. ... So does Dawson's dad. J.D. will come home, and take off his clothes because he is more comfortable just walkin around in his G's..or sometimes without. ;)

Back to the story- Dawson is naked, and loving life.
Me "Dawson, do you need to go potty?"
Dawson, "No potty."
Me "Well, you need to go get a diaper soon okay?"
Dawson "k."
Dawson runs off. J.D. and I are busy working on school stuff, and all of the sudden we hear water in the bathroom. In case you've never been to our house, the bathroom is in the most awkward spot- right in the middle of the living room basically. So you can hear EVERYTHING!

I go running into the bathroom and see Dawson facing forward on the toilet and going potty! He had climbed up there..somehow.. and was sitting backwards from the normal way you sit on the potty. make sense? I thought it was pretty smart of him to figure that out and just go on his own. Plus he didn't even tell us! He climbs off, flushes and says, "Hands! Hands! Water!" So I put his stool in the bathroom so he can wash his hands by himself too. I went back to studying, and Dawson goes off on his own again...

Next thing, Dawson comes running in to me carrying a diaper, and lays down...except he was COVERED in baby powder! He had powder on every spot of himself, except the spot that it really goes. HAHA! He had tried so hard to do everything on his own, potty, powder, and just needed help getting the diaper on. I was so proud of him, but in my mind I kept thinking...what does the bathroom look like, if you look like this?...

After putting on his diaper, Dawson went to play with his toys and I headed towards the bathroom. Powder was EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE! He didn't miss a spot, literally! The whole bottle was basically empty. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. Dawson is so smart, and tries so hard.

Needless to say, instead of potty training him (he's got it down) I am going to be 'powder' training. :-)

0 comments: