CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 2, 2011

Slammed

After a week of being a mom, I had a call this morning with my advisor for school. We had to set up my new term of classes and schedule. After that phone call I just felt completely slammed with a brick of information and things to do. It actually feels like one of those balls that knock down buildings...that would be more like this feeling of being slammed. haha! Starting to see the picture?

With that visual in your mind, I really don't think I need to explain anything else. haha! Seriously. My busy life is back and oh how I just want to cry and quit. I always tell my mom how I think my life would be so much fun without school. I then go on a rant about how much stress would be lifted off my shoulders. My mother's reply is, "It doesn't get easier. The stress just comes in a different form." As of now, I don't believe her... that's usually how it goes though. I don't believe her, then when school is over I'm sure I'll eat my words.

I had a certain someone tell me that she had a conversation with another someone. They discussed 'how I was doing,' because they had learned a lot of new information about our life and didn't realize everything that had taken place. Then they discussed how they didn't really know how I was doing because I was always smiling and laughing. Now, the certain someone told me this conversation they'd had and then just commented on how well I hide the negative. It really made me think about this.

I had a moment before back in November... I was at an enrichment night and we were all playing a game. I ended up getting the ball passed to me and my question was, "What do you want to be remembered for?" My answer without thinking was, "Laughter."

Back to the beginning of this post I explained being 'slammed.' About an hour after being hit, I had these moments sneak their way to my thinking from my memory. I really do want to be remembered for happiness, laughter and smiling. Laughter really does make everything go away. When J.D. and I get in an argument, it is so hard not to hold a mad face and start laughing. It really is the funniest thing! So I am happy that I felt bulldozed today. If I just laugh at my stress and keep working hard, I know life will feel easier and more pleasant. I would hate to look back and say I didn't laugh enough.

1 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

I always wonder how people will remember me. Or like if they could pick one word to describe me, what would it be? I hope they are positive and nice words! Laughter is a great one! And for you, I'd say that applies!