CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Thanksgiving to Christmas Time

The same day we went to the Utes game, I had a doctor's appointment. I was 2 days shy of 36 weeks, but they did a 36 week appointment anyways. I was dialated to a 3 and 60% effaced. I wasn't super suprised because of all the contractions I'd been having, and I told J.D. I felt like I was dialated. The doctor was Dr. Rees and he said I should stay home for Thanksgiving, not shop, be a bed rest, unless I didn't care if I went into labor and had different doctors deliver the baby. Well, we didn't really care and I didn't feel like Monty would be coming that week. I did feel like he'd be coming in the next 2 weeks though. 

So we headed to Holden for Thanksgiving, and St. George for Black Friday shopping. We had such a wonderful time in Holden, but it was too short. I wish we could have stayed longer, but black friday was starting at 6 pm this year! So I drove about 90 mph to get to Walmart on time. We made it with 15 minutes to spare. We got everything we were looking to get, and  my mom joined in this year. She was in her glory with all the prices. :-) 

We made it to Home Depot this year just in time to finally get our Christmas Tree! We have tried 3 years in a row... and this year J.D. was 15th in line, we walked in, I grabbed a cart, J.D. darted for the tree, and by the time I got to him all the trees were gone. Apparently there were only 15 in the pile! We barely fit everything in our car, and we made it home.

This isn't the best pic, but we love our tree! It changes from colored lights, to white lights, to blinking lights either way.
I then had to bust out the sewing because I needed to make Andee and Monty stockings. We had one for Andee last year, but I never got around to finishing it. So here is Andee's finished!
We our loving having a fireplace because now Santa can really come down the chimney! Dawson sits by it, with his Christmas jammies, and thinks about how Santa will be coming soon!
Then on December 7th, we decided we'd better go to our ward party, especially since Santa was going to be there and we didn't know where else we would get to see him. Thank goodness we did because Monty came the next day. Dawson tells us every year how 'that isn't the real Santa, and it's just a helper...' This time he was on cloud 9. He told us, that this guy was the REAL Santa and the real Mrs. Claus. It was so neat to see Mrs. C because J.D. and I have never seen her before. It was the best ward party!
During the dinner I was getting really uncomfortable and kept having to stand. We then went to Target to exchange the baby swing because the first one we got (from my mom and Jori) didn't have a cord. It was battery operated, and we really didn't want to have to keep buying batteries. It worked perfect to exchange the swing that night because we got one that we love even more than the first. 

We got home and enjoyed the fire while I kept having tons of strong contractions. I finally just left and went to bed because I was so uncomfortable...

0 comments: