CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 9, 2016

March

March was such a crazy month. Every week I had 2 ultrasounds and a non-stress test. It was so hard finding a babysitter and after the first week I was done with the 2-a-week thing. I made it once a week. It was fun to know how big she was and watch her move. We never got a profile pic (the entire pregnancy) because she was SOOO LOW! Literally smashed down there. :-) I have to write things like that so I don't forget my expressions and to blackmail my kids later ;0 Between J.D. and my mom, I had someone watching the kids and was able to make it through the next 4 weeks. Also, at my doctor appointments, at 34 weeks I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. So I was told to take it very easy the next 3 weeks until they took her. This made life more difficult when Monty decided to break his foot.......

Yep, he broke his left foot in 2 places! The story... well Dawson said he would play with Monty downstairs so I could rest. For 20 minutes it was so nice... and then the screaming. I thought it would end after a minute or two. Finally I made my way downstairs ever so slowly. I get down there and can't even stand I'm in so much pain. Monty is bawling out of control. Dawson says, "I told him to not jump mom." He had climbed up the end of Dawson's bunk bed (which we had already removed the ladder so he couldn't climb up there) and jumped. He yelled for Dawson to catch him, but Dawson didn't react fast enough. Monty landed exactly between Dawson and the bean bag. What are the chances??!! Any who, I thought he just sprained it again. This is the 2nd time Monty had done this. I calmed him down, but Monty would not stand on it. I thought if we put a shoe on he would be fine to walk. Nope. Well I figured I wasn't going to pay for an emergency room bill so he would have to tough it out through the night. I'm a bad mom. The next morning I got him an appointment. It was miserable. My mom came to help because I couldn't carry Monty. He screamed through the appointment. Screamed bloody murder through the X-ray (J.D. had to go in because i couldn't being pregnant). And screamed through the results with the doctor. Broke in 2 spots. We left and I called my brother. He sent Monty a cute little boot and tons of treats and surprises. Monty was SO excited. Had I been smart and a good mom, I should have just taken him to Uncle Chad (a foot doc) in the first place. Maybe I would still have my hearing. But, now I'm deaf and disabled with a 2 year old and broken foot. Life was grand.

Monty was good while waiting for the X-ray tech to come...
 Here is the little boot!
 But the boot didn't stop Monty from jumping off things or climbing....
Surprisingly he did good keeping his boot on after a week. For the first week he would just kick it off no matter how tight we made it. He is such a good kid and is so tough anytime he gets hurt. He is so quick to be okay. Even though I couldn't pick him up because he was too heavy, he was so good to just crawl until he was ready to walk.

One day when the weather was warm, Monty and Dawson headed over to the ditch in front of our house.
I loved watching Monty want to be just like Dawson, and watching Dawson take care of his little brother. It was too cute to not capture. 
Monty's little legs couldn't keep up the whole way, so Dawson carried him. 
Dawson is helping Monty cross the bridge by himself. 

 One day Dawson came home telling us that what J.D. did for a job wasn't very smart. J.D. and I laughed and tried explaining that what J.D. does is an extremely smart job, he's a chemist. We explained how he had to analyze chemicals and take samples, and work chemical solutions to solve problems and so on. Dawson still wasn't convinced that J.D. was smart. SO, I took Dawson and Monty to J.D.'s work one night. The boys were on cloud 9! J.D. blew up trash bags full of helium, and showed the boys all of his cool machines he gets to work with. 

I didn't understand 1 word... and the boys didn't really understand either, but we had fun!

                                            Monty kept wanting more and more balloons. 
Hitting them across the room and getting beyond dusty from running around... It was heaven. 

March is an extremely busy month full of many birthdays and our anniversary. J.D. and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! It's amazing all of the things we've done and been through within the last 9 years. I still remember the first time we met and our first date. I love that we have blogged the last 9 years so we don't forget all that has happened. As far as birthday, we have Collin's, Chase Shelley's, Lucas', Parker's, Clara's, Bryant's, Brydons, Daxon's, Breslynn's, and Brie's. I think that is everyone's...
So between everyone's, I got a pic of Parker. :-)

At the end of the month, I knew I hadn't taken one pic of me being pregnant. J.D. took Dawson shed hunting one Sunday afternoon. I packed up the camera, and went up the mountain to find them. I figured this would be the best opportunity I would have to get some pics. I didn't even care what everyone was wearing, I just wanted some pics. So with a few tips, J.D. caught the cutest pics. 
Monty was being a little stinker, but being a stinker isn't always a bad thing... I LOVE this pic and Monty is a cute little stinker. 
Dawson did not want any pics... so I pulled him in for a hug and kept making him laugh... which turned out to be picture perfect. I love having pics where we are just being ourselves and not trying to pose. I'm never not happy with these kind of pictures. 

My sister Amy sent me a wrap!! I've always wanted one and here it is! I had no idea how big it was going to be, but after practicing how to wrap it around, I found that the length is perfect! lol

We also were able to go to the park a bunch and I had to get this pic of Monty. Even with a broken foot, he is the happiest little guy. I am so grateful I have happy kids. I know Monty has a temper, but for the most part I can get him laughing anytime and he is always making J.D. and I laugh back. 

0 comments: