CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 14, 2016

May

May flew right by us... I can't believe it's over. Now onto the summer! We didn't see J.D. very much this last month. He was hired to do some finish work on the Lemon's home here in holden. It was an answer to our prayers as we try to pay off our medical bills. He would leave at 3 am, work 8-9 hours at his regular job, then come home for1-2 hours to nap, then go work on the Lemon's until 9. By that time we were all in bed. It's been a struggle not seeing him, but the money has helped us. We hope he can find more work after it's all done so we can continue getting things paid off.

Dawson's last month of school he has done amazing. He was sent home with scores telling us he is well into a 2nd grade reading level, and is testing beyond average for his age. He is one of the top ten in his class academically. He loves getting 100's! We are so proud of him and who he continues to become. He makes so many friends and is always pushing for good sportsmanship. He started baseball and is already progressing so much there. He loves baseball and loves to here more about Babe Ruth. lol! It's pretty funny to watch him get so into baseball history. Dawson has also been a HUGE help with the kids. He will hold Hazyn all the time while i get things done, and he has been so good to teach Monty new things. Just this morning, they both woke up early and Dawson knew not to wake me. So he woke up J.D. and asked if him and Monty could go out on the trampoline. They went out with blankets and pillows and watched the sunrise. I can't wait for Monty to get older so he can do more things with Dawson.

This is all of Dawson's certificates and projects he brought home the last day of school.

Dawson did have his school program this month and danced to Foot Loose. It was AWESOME! He is such a dang cute kid and dancer. My mom made it up to watch and was so impressed with the whole program. I only recorded the dance, and it wouldn't up load to here because of the length :(

Monty is as crazy as ever. That kid is so dang active, I can hardly keep up by the end of the day. Let's just say I sleep so good once I'm asleep because I'm so tired. Every night he loves to put on his 'jammas' and he will sleep in his bed all night! Such a difference from Dawson when he was that age. Once in bed he will say, "I need twinkle twinkle" which means he wants me to sing Twinkle Twinkle little start to him. He wakes up and will say, "I need a change! I pee'd!" lol! He loves to brush his teeth and get his vitamins. Then he says, "I need my dress" which means he wants clothes on so he can go outside and play. He is such a good kid. He is definitely quick to change his temperament and when he's mad he keeps saying "I not! I not!" or "I didn't! I didn't!"He is super quick to repeat everything we say. It's so much fun listening to him talk more and more. He loves his Hazyn and always wants to help burp her, feed her (which he can't and hasn't figured out yet), and hold her. He loves to do EVERYTHING Dawson does.

Hazyn is doing so good. Next month she has her 2 month check up and we will get to see where her stats are at. She seems so long to me. She is wearing 3-6 month clothes which seems a little early for a 1 month old kid. She has SO MUCH hair too! She sleeps at night and only wakes up 1 time! I can't believe I finally got my sleeper baby. I need it that's for sure. She wakes up every morning at 7 and is full of so many smiles. Then the rest of the day, it's not likely to catch her smiling. Hopefully she will start to more and more as time goes on. There is just no way J.D. and I could have a non smiley baby. haha! We were both known as 'the kid who never stops smiling' growing up.

We celebrated Grandma Marjorie's 101st Birthday! She is such an amazing person and continues to teach me more things every day. She is so patient and kind. I love being around her and the peace that follows. 

 Loni made her cake and there was plenty for everyone! Seeing Grandma so happy is the best.

 

We had Hazyn's blessing this month on the 15th, and most of the family was able to make it which made for a big blessing circle!  
Before we got to the church, J.D. and I wanted to stop and see Grandma before anyone else did and before all the craziness of the rest of the family wanting to hold her, being at church, and getting through the luncheon. 
When Grandma saw J.D. I and the baby come in, she immediately started crying. It's one of the moments I won't ever forget. She was so happy and it meant so much to her that we would come before church and think of her. She shows her gratitude so much and is so genuine. I hope I can be like that someday. 

What I remember from the blessing is that she would come to know the atonement and the love Heavenly Father has for her. She was blessed to be happy and make those around her happy, and the word peacemaker was mentioned. 
On a side note, I love thinking of a stream of light coming down from Heaven when the men place their hands on someone's head for a blessing. It truly is Heavenly Father speaking right then and there. I'm so grateful for the gospel and all the guidance we receive.

After the blessing we dressed Hazyn in the cutest white outfit that my sister Amy bought for her. She was so good and she was passed around so much! She hardly cried. 

We had the luncheon up at the church and everyone was so willing to help bring food. It helped J.D. and I so much. It was so nice to visit. We had so much help cleaning up. Our boys were in their glory with so many cousins to play with. 
After the luncheon, we had to deal with a flood in our basement. I will say, if it was going to flood I'm grateful it was on a weekend when everyone was here to help. lol! It was cleaned up in no time, and it jump started our renovations for the room. 

Memorial Day was a great day  for us. We went up and took pictures at the cemetery- some of my favorite. 
 Here are all of my kids' feet! I love it!

And then we went up on the mountain to have lunch and get away. 
It was so peaceful and no one else was up there!
Hazyn LOVES it outside. (All of my kids do)

We just had sandwiches and watermelon. 
J.D. took the boys for a little walk and Dawson went picture crazy.... If I would post all of the pics he took with a phone in 10 minutes, it would be over 100 photos...
 Later that month, Lucas called J.D. and wanted to go for a horse ride up the canyon. Dawson begged to go.
Tilden and Dawson rode the same horse and crossed over 15 streams! There was so much water coming. We are so grateful for the moisture we received. It helped us having a water share so we could jump start our garden. 

0 comments: