CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blessings

I mentioned in the last post that Dawson watched J.D. give me a priesthood blessing. Well- ever since then anytime I tell Dawson I don't feel good and am just laying on the bed trying to keep things down Dawson will immediately give me a hug and say, "It'll be okay mom. Sssshhh" and pat my head or hold my head. It's the sweetest thing ever.

He will then put his hands on my head and say, " And please don't be sick. And please the baby not make you sick anymore. And you feel better and not be sick. Thank you- Amen."

Then he will hold my head again and say, "It'll be okay. You feel better now?"

It just melts my heart that he took so much from watching the power of the priesthood being used in our home. I'm so grateful for it and for J.D. being able to hold it. I couldn't be a more proud mother to learn so much from my son that he as a three year old recognized how important it was watching his dad give a blessing. You wouldn't think a three year old understands, but it's like Dawson just knows what the priesthood is and remembers from before he came down to Earth. He believes in it and it helps me continue to have faith in the priesthood power.

Aside from being the most caring three year old boy, he will come in every morning and tell the baby and I and J.D. "Good morning!" He will tell us if the baby is crying and he will try to make him/her happy. If he forgets to say Good morning, he will remind us later, "Mom- I forgot to tell the baby good morning!" And then he will kiss my tummy and talk to the baby. He is going to be the best big brother ever!

He also helps me when I'm sick. He will bring me water, towels, ice packs, blankets, the remote, or just sit and talk to me. This morning he wrapped a blanket over me and laid down beside me, took my phone away, and said, "So mom- whatch you think? Are you comferble?" We laid there talking about random stuff and he didn't mind just sitting there. It's amazing how he knows what I need and is so GIVING! He takes on taking care of me while J.D. is at work. He truly is special and was definitely sent to J.D. and I for several perfect reasons!

0 comments: