CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

McKynlee's Birth

I had the most amazing experience of being able to be there for my niece's birth. It was like nothing I'd ever expect. It was the neatest thing. My other niece, Sari, my mom, me, and my mom's friend were all there to see McKynlee come into the world a little after midnight.
This is my younger sister and I minutes before McKynlee arrived.
 This was the first picture of her, and she was even still attached to the umbilical cord. She had been here for less than 20 seconds!
 Look at her big lips! The next day all the swelling went down and she looked totally different. She weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces, was born 2 1/2 weeks early, and was 23 inches long. I can't imagine how big she'd have been if she was born on her due date.
I'm grateful my sister let me be there because it was such a neat experience. i still have yet to hold her because we left a little after she was born. J.D. and Dawson have been sick so we are waiting until they are completely better before going around her and her family. It makes me more excited for our little Andee to arrive.... 3 more months!

0 comments: