CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Surgery

Unfortunately (some would say fortunately) I am not going to post pics of the back surgery I had after the funeral. A little history of why I got back surgery- well for many years I have had this lump on my back. I didn't think anything of it until after getting married and J.D. giving me lots of back massages and telling me that the lump was getting bigger. While pregnant with Dawson, our doctor said we could probably get it removed after the baby was born and that he didn't think it'd be a problem getting in the way of the epidural. I ignored doing anything about it because I didn't think it was a big deal. This time around with Andee though, I wanted it gone because even I could tell it was getting huge and it was causing me a lot of unnecessary uncomfortable pressure.

We saw a general surgeon before having the baby and he said the lump was a lypoma and definitely met the requirements for our insurance to approve getting it removed and paying for it. A lypoma is very common and basically is abnormal fatty tissue growing. It's usually caused by constant stress to the spot where the lypoma would grow. So it builds up protecting the spot that's receiving stress or constant pressure over time. For mine, it was probably caused from dance all growing up. I was pretty excited knowing this thing would finally be gone, but even more happy after the experience with the epidual in the hospital. The morning I got the epidural to deliver Andee the lypoma was in the way of getting the epidural in the right spot, so the anesthesiologist had to put it in a lot lower which really hurt. So after Andee was born, and after the funeral we scheduled the surgery.

It was an in office surgery and didn't take long at all. It was kinda painful, but only because my body metabolizes anesthetics really fast. J.D. recorded the procedure and in the end we couldn't believe how big that thing was! It had veins running through it and was feeding itself plenty of nutrients. GROSS! It was pretty sucky having to deal with stitches, but I can definitely say it was well worth it. There is still a large cavity in my back from where the lypoma used to be, but overtime it is supposed to go away.

0 comments: