CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Name is Official

For a long time we have debated on a name for this little guy coming in December. Finally we felt really good about one in particular. We felt it was what we were supposed to name him, and will fit who he is. The name is Monty Bryant. He is named after his Grandpa Stevens, which is so honorable we felt. With how Monty has been in the womb so far, we really feel like his personality kind of reflects his Grandpa Stevens as well- pretty calm most of the time and is his own person. 
So we ordered the scrubs! 
 We also got the CUTEST set up from my sister Amy and her hubby Rick. This was their baby gift to us, and wanted to get it to us asap so we could be ready for Monty.
WE LOVE IT! Dawson loves that he gets to share his room with Monty too! Dawson recently got the bunk beds that J.D. had as a child. He is committed to the top bunk, and I have found J.D. snuggled up there with him almost every night as Dawson goes to sleep. Dawson already says that the bottom bunk is for Monty when he is old enough, but it's okay for him to use Dawson's crib for now. Dawson is still trying to convince us to move the cradle in there as well so him, Monty, and Andee are in the same bedroom. (the cradle for Andee, the crib for Monty, and bunk for Dawson). We feel almost ready for him to come home, just a few more things. Only 4 more weeks until he comes! We have scheduled to be induced on the 20th of December, but I won't doubt if he comes sooner.

Update on the pregnancy: Everytime I've gone to the doctor I have noticed my blood pressure being so high, especially for me. 1 week ago it was a little too high, so I had to do a 24 urine test. They were testing the protein in the urine to see if I had preecampsia. They would like the protein count between 0-150, and mine was 290. SO, if it gets above 350 they will take the baby. For now before they test again, I'm on moderate bed rest for the moderate preecampsia. I can honestly say that my anxiety of losing Monty is definitely contributing to my high blood pressure. I can't help but feel so much pressure of making sure he's moving, because if I don't...maybe we will lose him and it will be too late. So I'm constantly doing kick counts. 

I do go in for weekly monitoring and ultrasounds to check the baby, and so far so good. One week he wasn't moving so much and so we had to stay for extra monitoring, but after another 20 minutes he picked up his movements and we were okay. 
J.D. is doing okay, but both of us don't sleep much. This month celebrating Andee's 1st birthday has brought back a lot of memories and emotions that are hard to handle. It's made us both so nervous for Monty and we still just don't have a huge excitement, we just want to bring him home. We are so grateful for the gospel and our knowledge, otherwise I don't think we could be handling everything so okay.

0 comments: