CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Monty B's Baby Blessing

Monty had a beautiful baby blessing with so many amazing people to help bless and support him. It was truly spiritual and heartfelt by so many. 
This is Dawson and Monty the morning of his blessing. He was blessed in our ward in Orem the day before we moved. Dawson is so proud to be Monty's big brother and loves making him smile. 
 I didn't get any pics of just Monty in his outfit :-( but here it is. It took me a little while find the right one, but when I saw it I knew it was for Monty B. He looked SO handsome in his outfit!
 Here are the shoes that we barely got on his feet. I had originally bought a bigger size, but my mom said that they'd be too big. Well, to our suprise, Monty B is not small and his toes were to the end of these shoes.
Here is our little family right after the blessing. 
I remember J.D. talking about the atonement during his blessing and how Monty would truly come to know his Heavenly Father. The priesthood holders who helped bless him were: J.D., Grandpa Stevens (Bryant is Monty's name sake), Uncle Lucas, Uncle Chet, Uncle Choc, Doug Peterson, Jeff Roundy, & Jefferson Coats. We filled up just about 3 rows in sacrament with all the people that came to support him.

Afterwards we fed everyone ham, funeral potatoes, salads, rolls, and cookies. Thank you to everyone who helped bring food. It was delicious and we are so grateful. It was kind of a goodbye party as well because we were moving. I shed only a few tears, and I fought all the rest. I cried later, but I didn't want to cry in front of everyone. It was hard to leave friends and family that we've grown so close to, but we were excited for this new chapter in our lives. 

0 comments: