CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Our 2 weeks without J.D.

After J.D. left I started packing up the house and figuring out all the moving details and Monty's baby blessing. We also wanted to see everyone in the family before moving. We got to see Auntie Amy and her kids (their first time seeing Monty). Some of her kids were sick, so they didn't get to hold Monty... but Auntie Amy did
We managed to get some facials of Monty...
the wink smile...
 the side smirk smile
 and the open mouth smile!
We had so much fun bonding with my sister's family. We then went down to Holden because the kids were sick and J.D.'s mom was able to help me so I could get some rest and just relax a little from packing. We went to Brant's 9th birthday party at the Fillmore swimming pool. Probably not the wisest thing since Dawson had a cold, but we did. :-) It was a swimming party which meant I HAD to swim with Dawson since J.D. wouldn't be there. This is because Dawson always manages to swallow water and have to throw up, or have a close to drowning experience EVERY time we go swimming. It never fails. However, J.D. has always been there when we've gone swimming and he reacts faster than me, therefore he saves the day every time. 

I handed Monty off to Grandma Stevens and got in the pool. I love that it was indoors because then the water wasn't cold. Dawson had ran off ahead of me and was swimming with just a little tube in the 12 foot diving board area..... ya... red flag #1. I rushed down there and just watched his every move. As predicted ... another near drowning experience happened. All of the older kids were doing flips off the diving board while Dawson was just jumping in. I helped one kid swim to the side of the pool because he wasn't a very good swimmer and started freaking out. Then Dawson got brave and went off doing a front flip! As he did, the tube slipped right off of him, and Dawson pretty much did a back flop (opposite of a belly flop....)lol! My heart leaped from my chest and I bolted towards him. I started counting the minute he went under until I saw him come up. As he came up, just kept kicking keeping his head barely above water until I got to him. I pulled him to his tube, and we got tot he side of the pool with ease. Dawson's only reply was, "Mom I'm not trained to do flips yet. Maybe I shouldn't do them." All I could do was laugh because the after shock of what had happened. Dawson got out of the pool and as I watched him walk to the other end I could see his back beat RED from his little trick! lol! 

We went back to the house afterwards and I had enough time to get a pic of Jetta and Monty before Jetta's mom came to get her. 
We then took my niece Sari back up to Orem with us so she could hold Monty while I finished packing. It's nearly impossible to pack and have a baby to take care of. Dawson was easy because he could go to preschool, Taylee's or a friends..... Monty on the other hand just didn't want to be let go of. He wanted to be held 24/7 and so I conned my oldest niece to come help me. 
 On the way up, Dawson kept saying how bored he was. Obviously I couldnt help him whil driving. After an hour I realized I hadnt heard Dawson and assumed he was sleeping... but actually he was reading the truck manual!
lol! He was really into it too! It reminded me of something J.D would do. He's more like J.D. than I realized I guess. :-) I guess it's a good thing he's reading about the truck since it will probably be his one day. 
We made it home safely and had 4 days until J.D. would get there, 5 days until we loaded the truck, 6 days until we blessed Monty, and 7 days until me and the kids headed up to Montana. 
So I had to get crackin' on the packin'!
While packing we still had fun taking pics though....
like how Monty has a perma-fohawk!

Dawson is a little too small for these, unless he wants to be bundled for the cold weather,
then these work perfectly
 Not only did Sari help with Monty, but Dawson wanted to help too. However Dawson wanted a pic of him and Monty every time he held him.
 And then there was down time where we just laid on the bed and talked or cuddled.
These are some of my favorite moments.
 We love dressing Monty up! Especially as he grows and there are new outfits to put on him!
 We really had a lot of fun and we did get everything packed between feedings, cooking, cleaning, running errands, or just giving attention. :-)

0 comments: