CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 23, 2014

My 6 Week Check up

I did have my 6 week check up while J.D. was gone as well and YES Monty got to wear his scrubs again! They fit him a little better this time.
 He looks so handsome! The doctors and nurses couldn't get enough of his scrubs.
This is the doctor that delivered Monty B.
 Dr. Bennet and Monty B
She was seriously the coolest doctor I've ever met, and was the perfect doctor for us. We loved her! 
At my 6 week check up she found that my thyroid was extremely swollen. After discussing it, we decided it was hyperactive and she ordered some blood work. After leaving there, I read up on the signs of hyperactivity ... overly tired, shakiness, losing weight (which I can't complain there), and a loss of appetite are just some. These are the signs that I had told J.D. about, but blamed the pregnancy recovery on it. J.D. would constantly say how shaky I was, and I would reply it was because I was so tired. I lost all my pregnancy weight and some in the 6 weeks. I don't mind that at all! 

The blood work came back showing that it was super hyperactive. So the doctor referred me to an endocrinologist. It is common for the thyroid to act up after pregnancy, but my levels were a little to high regardless. I went to the endocrinologist and he did an ultrasound. He removed fluid that was causing my thryoid to bulge out, and he also took samples some nodules that were on both sides of my thyroid. He sent them in to make sure they were not cancerous. So for the next 2 weeks we had to wait for an answer about whether or not I had cancer. It was pretty scary to even think of the word, but my niece Sari really calmed my fears. She has to have her thyroid removed and so she knows a lot about thyroids and cancer. She said if I have cancer, then that's the kind you want because you can just remove the thyroid with no problems. Then the weekend we blessed Monty J.D. gave me a blesssing with his dad. It was so amazing and we didn't fear the outcome at all. At the end of the 2 weeks it turned out to be okay and I didn't have cancer after all. Thank goodness! I'm so grateful for everyone who prayed for me and for the priesthood. 

Now, I just have to have the fluid removed every 2-3 months and if the fluid comes back after it being removed a couple of times, they will inject alcohol into the space and it will keep the fluid from coming back. However, that's worst case scenerio. I will get my levels tested again to make sure they are down and there isn't any hyperactivity, but until then I'm eating lots of greens, not drinking pop and getting back to exercising to help.

0 comments: