CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 18, 2017

August

August has been a kind of slow month. We went to St. George for the fair and helped my sister and brother in law with their booth. It was nice to make a little extra. 
The boys got to ride the ponies and loved every minute of it! 
Here is Dawson riding.

The kids also got to enjoy the inflatables... maybe too much fun..
We visited Grandma a lot, and got some work done on the house!

We have finished the hallway except for flooring! I turned the hall closet into an actual coat closet. Before it was just full of shelves and all blue... I forgot to take a before pic. Any who, I painted the ceiling, the doors, and spray painted all the hardware. Then we changed the outlets and light switches. Then I put on the door handles and caulked a ton. I love it and can't wait until we can get the flooring in! BTW I did everything in this whole hallway and closet by myself! J.D. was way impressed!

We dug a window well (which actually has take a while since I'm the one who had to do the digging).

 J.D. has cut the concrete, but the wall is so thick... it's taken longer to get the concrete out. We bought the casing, trim, and baseboard for the yellow room... So it's almost done! We are hoping to get it done by the time Dawson's baptism comes around.

This was dug to the perfect shape, and then Lucas brought his backhoe over to try and pull out the concrete... the concrete didn't budge! It was crazy! As the backhoe was chained to the concrete, he yanked for 30 minutes and all that was accomplished was a few picture frames broken from falling off the walls because the yanking literally shook the house. 

J.D. put in the vent to the master bath too! And we painted the light cover while we were at it! So excited because mold spots were starting to pop up from the moisture, so we didn't waste a minute and got the vent finally put in. 

We went to the Aquarium with the whole Stevens family. The grandkids all got tickets for Christmas from Clara and Bryant. We finally made it to their Christmas present in August... 
It was cool to see so many different animals of the sea. 
You can see Dori in the background of this pic!
We all went into the 3-D movie they show as well. 
Jetta, Brant, Dawson posing as we wait for everyone to catch up...

Hazyn wore her new outfit from her Auntie Amy.
 It was adorable!!! 
And her shoes fit so perfectly!

We did have a lot of fun and went to eat at Chuckarama afterwards.
This month Dawson started another year of soccer. This and baseball are his favorite sports at this time in his life. 
I love watching Dawson play soccer. He really has a knack for it
He creates such a good friendship with everyone and is big on good sportsmanship.
Monty really got into the spirit of soccer season too! 
We were able to go up to Orem and see our friends from Montana. We played in the pond near where they were staying.

We saw a bat mid day!!! It scared me so bad! Monty loved the water soooo much!
Dawson couldn't get enough of the paddle boat either!
and of course... the rope swing...

The next big exciting thing was that Dawson started 2nd grade!! His teacher is Mrs. Monroe and he loves her! She is so patient and is way into building confidence. It's perfect for our Dawson.

Here he is getting on the bus for the first day of 2nd grade!

Hazyn rolled over and has pretty much been rolling over since! She did roll over once when she was 2 months, but she hadn't done it since. She is a roller now! She had her 4 month check up and was in the 24th percentile for weight, 40th percentile for height, and 37th percentile for head circumference. We got some shots... I actually had more done that I normally do and I regret it. I only do two immunizations at once, unless it's a multiple immunization in one shot.. then I just do one. My kids don't have fevers and seem to be way better off doing it that way. The doctor wasn't very happy knowing I did that, but it's what I feel comfortable with. I have come to find that there are lots of studies saying that there are no risks giving your child the immunizations the way they normally give them... BUT we found out that the FDA never approved giving that many shots at one time... Anyway, it's a personal choice and I just like what I've chosen to do. I like that my kids don't fever and don't go through days of misery. I do get them immunized which to me is the most important thing.
She is seriously so much fun!

We spent a lot of days at the library and trying to keep Dawson reading this summer. I love our library and the kids section. It is so fun and makes Monty want to get involved with reading.
We did have some rainy days which were spent jumping on the trampoline most of the time.

J.D. and I went to a play in the park in Fillmore. It was SO fun! It was the Adams Family and our cousins were the lead roles. My good friend Michelle watched the kids and J.D. and I laughed so much. 
and kissed...

I took the boys and Brant to a basketball camp with one of the Jazz players. It was short and sweet.
Here they are waiting for the Jazz player to arrive.
And then I had to snap a pic at the end. It's amazing how tall these players really are.
Monty waited on the sidelines with me and watched for a bit. He is such a goof!


Every time I take a pic he does some sort of face that just cracks me up. He is full of so much life and has extremes of happiness and anger. 
 He helped me cook a lot while Dawson was away for school hours... Monty just kept saying how he wanted to do school too. 

 So I found a program online and Monty spent most of his days playing on the computer, but it was all learning games for preschool kids. 

 I love that he wants to be like Dawson. He is such a good little brother. 
We did get to go to one of Layne's football games in Cedar City. It's so nice for me because everyone just wants to hold Hazyn and it gives my arms a break. 

 I had to snap a pic of Choc because he loves getting his picture taken. Can't you tell?


 And that takes us into September....

0 comments: