CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2014

Big Weekend in Belle Forchay (actually Belle Fourche)

We went to Belle Fourche for a weekend to watch our nephews wrestle for Region, see our niece in a play, and see Chase get baptized. My mom, Amy, Kortni, Choc and his girlfriend Kayla all came out from Utah too! It was a BLAST! So refreshing and a much needed catch up with our family. 

We got lots of catch up hugs during the wrestling matches. I would dare say we were the loudest crowd in the stands. You can't count on the Shelley's to be loud and heard when cheering for their own. :-)
Amy and Chase
                                        
My mom, Daxon, and little Monty B. Such a fun Grandma that we all can't get enough of. 
We went to a play that my niece was the star of. Mikinzie did such an amazing job and the play was SO funny. All of the kids were so enjoyable to watch. Monty was so good during the play too so I actually got to enjoy it too. My brother Choc and his girlfriend Kayla got her some pretty flowers to congratulate her. 

The next day we went to church and the chapel was a fourth the size of a chapel in Utah. It was so cozy and small. J.D. was a witness for Chase's baptism, and I led the music while my sister Amy played. My mom did the Holy Ghost talk which she has done at every grand child's baptism. We love it! Lots of people from the ward stayed after church to watch the baptism and we had cupcakes afterwards.

Here we are with Chase and a glimpse of the lovely Jaidon photo bombing us with his arm. 

 That afternoon we had a lot of down time and we decided to show are talents with our flexibility that our genetics blessed us with. Amy is the most limber next to my sister Jori. Here is Amy, at age 40....
Jori pulled it off too! a
 Of course Chad had to try....
 Then we all did leg lifts. You can tell I'm definitely not as flexible without stretching, and I'm gonna totally fall over.  However, Jori and Amy have beautiful unflawed leg lifts. 
 We went to Mt. Rushmore the next day we went to Mt. Rushmore! We were so excited that J.D. could get the day off and come with us. I'm holding Monty on my little chest/back carrier if you are wondering where he is. It was kind of cold, but it was nice because the park wasn't packed. 


We saw Mountain Goats! They were just roaming the area and happened to be 10 feet away when we got there! It was SO COOL! 

I had a HORRIBLE tooth ache and had to go into a dentist in rapid city because I was in so much pain. (When we got home I went in to see a different dentist, but by then the toothache wasn't as bad because the dentist in Rapid City gave me an antibiotic for the infection. I do have to get a root canal done, but the infection was causing the most pain.) 

So we left Mt. Rushmore a little early to see the dentist and then met up with my family at Golden Corral to eat. We had so much fun! It was delicious especially since I hadn't eaten in about 3 days because of tooth pain. The dentist gave me some strong IB profin and tylenol which relieved so much! I ate a ton! The kids loved holding Monty while I ate too. 
Here is Dax and Monty!

We decided to go to a park while we waited until it got dark. Auntie Amy had a huge surprise for the kids! She got every kid a nerf bow n' arrow toy!! They had more fun with those than we had all weekend. We played there until the rain started to come down. 



Afterwards we went to Walmart and the mall. We had the most delicious julius' and window shopped until it was time to go. This is where we had to say goodbye to my mom and sisters. It was so sad and we all shed lots of tears. It was such a perfect weekend and we all felt so rejuvenated after spending so much quality time together. I'm so grateful we all got to see each other and we all made it home safely. 

0 comments: