CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2014

Library Cards

Since the weather is warming up a little, we decided to go for a walk across the bridge to the library. Carson and Dawson both got their first library cards with their own names on them.
The boys were ecstatic! I'm not sure if letting Dawson have a library card was good or bad... 
When we were getting the library cards, I explained that this was going to be Dawson's library card and he had to share by letting me get books on it too. Dawson's response, "WHAT?! You mean I'm an adult and it's my card?" I didn't really say no because I was chuckling inside. The entire time in the library he kept coming to me and saying, "Mom, hurry. If you want me to get you a book on my card you have to hurry because I'm ready. I'm an adult because I got a library card, so I don't have to wait and you need to hurry."

I was left in AWE and speechless. Did my 5 year old just say that? Yes he did. We are working on the 'adult' thing. 

0 comments: