CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2014

What Did You Say?

Lately J.D. and I have noticed quite the change in Dawson's vocabulary. One of my friends has a 'did he just say' label for some of the cute things her kids say. I am going to start the same thing and put it all in a book full of saying from Dawson. I'm so excited!

Mom: "Dawson what are you doing?"
Dawson: "Oh I'm just pretending with these sticks. See I'm a China person and eating like China does."
Mom laughs
2 minutes later
Dawson: "Mom look! It's the eiffel Tower!" He put 4 sticks together. "It's a different kind of Eiffel Tower though huh mom?"
Mom kind of in awe: "How do you know about the Eiffel Tower?"
Dawson: "I just do."
Mom: "Okay, but where did you learn about it?"
Dawson: "Mom. It's the Eiffel Tower. Everyone knows about it. You know, the one in Paris...."
Mom shocked/confused: "What? ..... Paris?"
Dawson: "Mom, the Eiffel Tower is in Paris. Don't you know that?"
Dawson: "Mom that's so 'ILARIOUS'! You didn't know! That's ILARIOUS."

(He is trying to say Hilarious.)
Mom: "You mean HIL arious."
Dawson: "Ya, that's what I said. Ilarious."

Well I can say that it was pretty hilarious that he kept saying il-arious.


Dawson: "Mom, can you build me this?"
Mom: "Sure."
I build the lego structure. Dawson re enters the room
Dawson: "Mom, did you follow the instructions?"
Mom: "Yes."
Dawson: "No you didn't. I left the instructions right here and you missed a part. See mom."

All I could think was that he used the word 'instructions'


Yesterday I was in the tub and Dawson came in and said, "Mom I want to take a bath."
Mom: "Well I'm in the tub and first you need to go out so I can have mom time, and second you have to wait until I'm done."
Dawson: "Well every time I want to take a bath you just come in and are already in here. I don't want to wait. I want to take a bath."
Mom: "Dawson you have 2 choices, wait until I'm done or don't take one."
Dawson: "Mom, remember how we went to the library the other day?"
Mom: "Yeah."
Dawson: "Well, remember how I got a library card?"
Mom: "Yep."
Dawson: "So since I got a library card, that means I'm an adult. So I don't have to wait."
Mom chuckling and trying to figure out how to end this: "Dawson 'adult' means you are 18. Are you 18? Just because you got a library card doesn't mean you are an adult. Also, I'm asking you to be patient, not be an adult."
Dawson: "Mom, my birthday is 18. That means I'm an adult cuz  you said. So you need to take turns and share. So it's my turn."

Yes, his birthday is the 18th.... not exactly what I was saying. This is the point where I just stop trying to explain.


Later this evening Dawson was looking at J.D.'s hair while J.D. wait on the floor.
Dawson: "Dad, I can see a spot on your head where there isn't any hair." and laughs
J.D. looked and me, I looked at him and we both started laughing. His hair is thinning, and he isn't going bald yet.

0 comments: