CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gender Reveal to the Families

We found out on July 12th what we were having. We wanted to keep it a secret because we thought it would be fun to tell everyone all together. That meant waiting until August 2nd for the Shelley side (reunion) and then we wanted to be fair so we waited to tell the Stevens' too. 

We ended up telling the Steven's July 24th, and then a week later to J.D.'s parents on their way back from Iowa. They weren't there on the 24th, so we just had Dawson tell them over the phone. It was so cute because he's so excited! We also forgot Dawson's "my Family" shirt for the weekend :-( It was a huge bummer because that's how we really wanted to tell everyone. 

We didn't forget the shirt to the reunion this time. We put the shirt on Dawson after we arrived at the cabin and Dawson ran around to everyone showing them his shirt. He'd say, "LOOK! This is my family! This is me, this is my dad, this is my mom, and this is Andee. See? My family" and he'd point to each figure. 

Here is the shirt before the cabin, but Dawson had to wear it after we made it. 


He thought making shirts was so awesome! He knew exactly who everyone was without us showing him. It was so much fun to watch him explain the shirt to everyone. 
My sister Amy didn't get there with her kids until way late at night, so I had already taken the shirt off Dawson and left it in our room for him to wear and show the next day. All of the sudden my mom told them that they knew what we were having and to go look at Dawson's shirt. Amy and her 6 kids came running around to me and i said to go upstairs. They all booked it, racing to find the shirt to see what it said. It was HILARIOUS and WAY fun to see how excited they were to find out. It made it so special to see everyone's excitement.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I'm so excited you're pregnant again! And I must say, I'm a bit jealous you're having a girl. That's so fun! Love the name. Love the way you revealed. So fun. Congratulations!

The Glaziers said...

I am so excited for you!!!! She is going to be so much fun!!!! Congrats!!!