CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

J.D.'s Birthday

We ended up going to the Rockies for J.D.'s birthday the day after, but on his birthday he had to work all day and so we just had a small celebration with just us. 

We didn't have ANY cake mix, or brownie mix....so I originally wasn't going to do anything. Dawson came up to me right before J.D. was coming home from work and said, "Mom-where's dad's cake?" 
Me: "Well, we don't have anything to make a cake...so we'll just have to get one at the cabin."
Dawson: "hmmm...let me think mom."
a few seconds later
Dawson: "Mom, I got an idea. Just make pancakes. Is that a great idea?"
Mom: "Dawson you are SO smart! Of course that's a cake and an AMAZING idea!"

It seriously caught me off guard to even think a 3 year old could fix a problem with such a simple idea. Pancake definitely has the word cake in it, so it made perfect sense to do that! He's so SMART! 
So here is J.D.'s pan 'cake'. Dawson wanted to specifically do Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse pancakes. I added the eggs and OJ for a more fulfilling touch, and Dawson helped me put the candles in.
We didn't have 27 candles...but I'm afraid J.D. wouldn't have anything to eat if we did put that many on. The most important part is that he still got to make a birthday wish.

 Dawson and I sang Happy Birthday and J.D. couldn't stop grinning because this could possibly be the best birthday cake and song ever.
And there's the magical moment of making his birthday wish. 
Dawson was so proud of his dad and was so excited to have birthday pancakes for dinner. He really made J.D.'s birthday so special. 

Happy Birthday Hunners! I hope you're wish comes true! This all happened because of Dawson, so thank-you to the sweetest little boy ever!

0 comments: