CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2012

19 Weeks and 4 Days

This will be a pregnancy update and soon we will reveal the gender. At 15 weeks I had the doctor pull my picc line out. I was able to start keeping the oral medicine down and I hated being tied down to Cedar City because I had to go to the IV clinic twice a day.... It was miserable. With the oral medicine I was still miserable, but it soon started getting better. I think the stress of the IV clinic was causing some of my sickness. I am doing much better. Some days I'm still throwing up and feeling nauseated, but for the most part its completely different than the pregnancy with Dawson. 

Also, we learned that some of the sickness was heartburn- I had no clue what that was, but I'm more than familiar with it now. We had to try a couple different medications to actually get the heartburn under control, but we found the good stuff. I soon found that Pepsi was a cure for keeping things down. There have been days that I've tried all day to keep something down... and then I drink a Pepsi. All of the sudden I can keep it down and food as well! It's magical and soothing.

Around 17-18 weeks I started feeling movement...which I thought was muscle twitches. It was really cool to feel the baby move and it was a reassurance to me that everything was okay.  I haven't been craving ANYTHING except COLDNESS! I don't even have hot flashes .. my mouth just wants to be cold all the time and my body wants the coldest AC blowing on me. It's really weird, but it's a good thing popsicles are easy to find with the summer being around.

Here I am at 19 weeks and 4 days (6/12/2012). I haven't gotten much of tummy, but it's more than I had with Dawson. I didn't show until 26 weeks with Dawson. 

 Dawson wanted to show his tummy side shot too!
  This was the day 6/12/2012 that we went to do the official ultrasound to find out the gender. Up until this point I want to document how involved and attentive Dawson has been towards me and the baby. Anytime i don't feel good he will give me a hug, pat my head or back and say, "It's going to be okay mom." He still tells the baby good morning every day! He will put his ear up to my tummy and listen to the baby. He always says, "The baby wants to go swimming mom." I tell him, "the baby is swimming 24/7 right now..." haha! It's so cute! He sings to the baby, and talks to the baby. He even tickles my tummy pretending that he's tickling the baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well as you know I'm a little bitter I don't know what your having;) But I am very glad your feeling mostly better. Looks like you guys are doing well and we can't wait to see you again, hopefully sometime soon!

Brie said...

Yay!!! Babies! Everyone is onto their second child these days. Except me, of course. Ha ha. I am super excited for you. I still think it is a girl! You look cute and I am soooo happy that you are feeling better! I miss you lots and I hope life is treating you well!!

Brie