CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2012

Hunting

For the pheasant/turkey hunt, J.D. was SUCCESSFUL this year! He even managed to take Dawson a couple of times- which you could tell how much fun Dawson had! It's fun to see J.D. teach him how to hunt and watch the love for hunting grow inside Dawson. I think for Dawson he just loves going out in the mountains and being with his dad- which is the best part for J.D. too. 

Here is the pheasant! Dawson didn't watch J.D. clean it or anything, so when J.D. walked back inside with meat in his hands Dawson kind of had a break down. We had to teach him that it's just like chicken at the store and that's what you do after you hunt. We made orange chicken with it and Dawson did end up eating it. After he realized it tasted good, he stopped having his break down and I think he grasped the concept. 

 Here's the turkey! J.D. was stoked to get one! He clean it up and we were going to eat it.... but J.D cleaned it in an apartment he was working on (dust and chemicals), so afterwards when we realized the place he'd cleaned it probably wasn't the best idea we ended up chucking it. I was totally fine with it. lol!
I love knowing that if anything were to happen in this world where I couldn't get meat from the store... I have a reliable hunter on my hands who would never let me starve! Thanks hunners! You are so amazing!

0 comments: