CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2012

Chef Dawson

I can't remember if I've posted about our little chef running around here yet, but if so...here's some more. He is quite the little cook! I made some aprons/super hero capes out of J.D.'s old shirts. I took the shirt, and cut out the front and arm holes (keeping the collar and back side). Dawson colored the back and slipped the collar over his head. I am going to cut the collar and put velcro on it... and WAALLAA- an apron/super hero cape. It's perfect, and cost $0.00.

He then asked me to make him a chef hat like the rats (ratatouille). So with 2 pieces of paper and 8 staples later, he had himself a chef hat. He was SOOOO excited! We decided mac and cheese was the lunch option for the day, and then the cooking began. Dawson grabbed the oven mits, his apron, his chef hat, and a spoon! It was so cute and he put it all on by himself! He is so creative and smart!!

 He is so funny! He has the funnest facial expressions!
 He helped cook it all until it was done! He finished the job and it tasted so good! I would dare say he might be able to cook mac and cheese by himself within a year....lol!
I am pretty sure his talent for cooking comes from his dad- J.D. doesn't mind cooking at all and usually does it more than me. Dawson likes helping with all the cooking and is getting so much better at eating it! He always reminds us that he's going to grow up and get strong like his mom and dad one day. He tells us that he needs to eat so he can get strong muscles! It always suprises me about how much he puts together and understands- he truly is so SO SMART!

0 comments: