CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

#18- Engaged for 9 Weeks

Now that we were engaged, time seemed to fly right passed us! We had so much going on and had so much fun getting ready for the wedding.
On a side note, I don't want to forget when we got our temple letter. J.D. and I knew were were getting married from the 1st date for me and the 3rd date for J.D. We called the temple in November, and set it all up. I remember we called at my apartment, but then called again while at a gas station to get the bigger room. Then our letter came. We were so excited because it felt so official! 

We took engagement pictures. More like, we set the camera up and took our own pictures. They were totally my favorite, but it's all we could afford for pictures that people just throw in the trash anyway. lol! That was our whole thought the entire time... if it was something people would forget, we'd be cheap.
So we started with some normal model shots... 
 J.D. could totally be a model... So hot!!
 And then I tried for some model shots, but like I said... J.D. is way out of my league, so my model shots were more like awing for J.D.
 Then after those... the engagement pictures started to be less serious.
 And a little scary...
 and more goofy
 with some tongue action
 and more goofy...

We had a lot of fun obviously and we didn't like being serious for too long!

We made our own decorations, table cloths, my mom made the bridesmaid dresses, we shopped for matching jewelry for all the bridesmaids, and then together J.D. and I put together my flowers. We went to Michaels and just bought some little things to put together. We also made an extra one to throw at the reception. I wanted to keep my bouquet, and we still have it 10 years later....

 We went to Kanab to get the invitations all done up. While we were there we went on a four wheeler ride and I got to show J.D. where the TV towers were in Kanab. More like make out point...but to everyone else at the time, T.V. towers.

 Just kissing on the 4-wheeler...
 Trying to get a picture of us and the city of Kanab behind us. 
 Of course, we weren't very serious people.... so this is what I get to make out with all the time... TMI...?
 And J.D. being the gentlemen he is, he gave me his nice big coat to wear. To this day I love wearing his shirts, hoodies, and coats. 
 Do you think he would make a good rock star....? I don't think his tongue is long enough.

 And then things got a little romantic up there. Getting this picture was pretty risky. We set the timer to the camera, J.D. was standing on the ledge, and I ran over to him, jumped, and trying to not laugh while kissing. lol! Not gonna lie, we busted up laughing so many times it took several takes to get this one. 
 J.D. and I were both still enrolled for the semester, so we had lots of studying to keep up on while being engaged...
 So we helped each other with papers and took lots of breaks....
 We took a road trip up to Ogden to see J.D.'s mission companion's baby. Evertsens (which is what J.D. called him, but his name was Todd Evertsen) and Kara had their first baby, Ty.
He was the tiniest, and cutest baby ever!



 And for me, it was so cute seeing J.D. hold this little baby!
 And the road trip home got pretty fun real quick!
 I'm not quite sure how to interpret J.D.'s face right here....
We got a cake for my brother Choc and celebrated his birthday at our apartment. 


And then it was Super Bowl time!!! I can't remember who played..., but we got some cute pics!
 We watched the game at The Village Clubhouse, which is where I lived and where J.D. and I both worked. 
 We had a big crowd and got to decorate that week in the clubhouse.

J.D. built log furniture and still does occasionally. We had to do a project for his mission president and went out in the hills to cut down some logs.... and kiss some more! Can you tell we kind of liked each other, and sucking faces... 
Oh! and J.D. let me wear his sweatshirt and coat again.... 
 Isn't he the cutest!

We celebrated our first Valentines Day together! J.D. came over really early in the morning and walked in with a single rose, a card, and a huge family Book of Mormon. It was the sweetest gift ever. 
 And I made heart shaped pancakes! 

 Then I proceeded to give J.D. his gift. I had bought a blanket and ironed on pictures of us. 

 He loved it obviously loved it...


Our friends were getting married two days later and we went to their reception in provo. We danced and got some pretty cute pics together. 


 Eventually we took bridals. It was SO COLD!!! We got lots of goofy pictures because you know how serious I am when it comes to taking pictures... A lot of these are the ones that never got printed because I was being a goof. So here are the ones that reflect how the day really went....

Here is a really good pic that reflects the beauty of this dress and my veil. 
 Of course, the statues needed some action...
 We went to this amphitheater in Provo and this is where my favorite pics were taken. Maybe it was because J.D. showed up and I started to stop being awkward... 
kind of....
 We had a little cinderella moment too!!!
 And here it is... My favorite pic for the whole day! I didn't have my veil, but it still captured how I felt about getting married and everything exciting going on. Relaxed, and so happy. 

We also bought a car, which was a Saturn. Not gonna lie, this car was definitely a good mistake. We learned a lot about car dealerships, and what car to never get again. 

We both had interviews with our bishops and the stake president in order for us to get married and for me to receive my endowments. It was now time for me to actually receive my endowments, have an awesome bridal shower, and GET MARRIED!! 

0 comments: