CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Engaged Now #20 - Receiving Endowments & A Bridal Shower

On March 10th, we drove down to St. George, UT. We got there and that's when I had a major panic attack. I had forgotten to bring a white bra! I had remembered everything else I was supposed to bring and wear to the temple except that! I couldn't wear a black bra, and yes it was black. The absolute worst color I could have chosen to wear that day. We rushed to K-mart and found a white bra. A quick switch a roo in the car, and we headed to the temple. Side note: J.D. did not look, and my mom was in the car to supervise.

We got to the temple and the greeters were so excited to see us. I had someone there to help assist me along with my mom. J.D.'s parents came too! I had invited the Alldredges, the Reese's, and our friends from high school. J.D.'s family that had been endowed didn't come because it was Grandma Quigley's 90th birthday party that same day.

All I will say about the temple is that it was not scary, nor weird. When we got done and everyone headed back to Kanab, J.D. asked me what I thought. I just explained how amazing it was and how SO much more made sense to me. My eyes had been opened so much and J.D. kept agreeing with all that I had found and felt. Finally he could talk about the temple with me. Before we both knew that it was something we needed to wait to talk about because of how sacred it is.

We headed to Kanab because it was there that my sister's threw me a bridal shower! It was SO MUCH FUN! J.D. happened to walk in while I was opening some lingerie and his face went bright red! Mine was probably just as red or worse because I was opening all of this in front of my future mother in law...... not exactly how I pictured opening lingerie, but oh well!

The next day we went back to Orem, and I stashed the goods away until the wedding day which was now only 4 DAYS AWAY!!

0 comments: