CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #4- Are We Going

J.D. had told me he was going to be calling me during the week to let me know when he'd pick me up. Well every night I would constantly be checking my phone, making sure it was up loud for me to hear, and fully charged in case we ended up talking for a long time.
Monday...nothing
Tuesday...nothing..
Wednesday....nothing... I knew the game was on Thursday and kinda felt anxious to know if I was still going on a date? Did J.D. forget? Should I call him? I didn't want to seem too into him because I knew that scared most men away. Especially if they weren't into you that much and I didn't know how much J.D. was into me. So many thoughts, and questions. It's ALL I could think about. I was so excited to go and now I was getting discouraged. In the end around 9:30 ish Wednesday night, I decided I would give him a call.

The conversation was short and more discouraging. I thought I had totally ruined it. J.D. was SUPER sweet on the phone, and basically said he would call me tomorrow and let me know what time he'd pick me up. He still wasn't sure about tickets for the Utes game and was at a old mission companion's family's house eating dinner. (This mission companion Elder Moss, well his family lived in Utah Valley and would invite their son's companions that had come home before him to eat dinner every Wednesday night and watch Lost. Their son was still out, but this way they felt he was close to home.) Anyway,  J.D. let me go and that was it.

All night I just couldn't sleep. WHY did I call!! WHY couldn't I have just waited? I kept thinking of all the things I had done wrong, replaying the minute in a half phone call over and over again in my head. I sure hoped he'd call Thursday and still want to take me. I can't explain how dumb I felt.

Thursday started as normal. And around 4 pm J.D. finally called!! I was so excited! He said he had gotten tickets and he'd pick me up at 5:30. YES!! He still wanted to take me and sounded not annoyed that I had called him Wednesday night. There is a CRAZY story on J.D.'s side about why he didn't call til 4, and all the stress he went through to get tickets. He knew he'd take me out no matter what, but really wanted to take me to see the Utes.

The story behind why he didn't call me until 4 that evening is the fact that he really didn't know if he could get tickets. He also didn't get paid and so he called his mom for $50 and said that he would pay her back as soon as he got paid. He called the Utes ticket booth and finally was able to get some tickets and they would hold them at 'Will Call.' Now, he was supposed to get free tickets from his friend. Well his friend ONLY got tickets for himself and a date! So he threw J.D. under the bus to fend for himself after he had already told J.D. he would get tickets for him. J.D. spent all day trying to get tickets and enough cash because his pay check didn't come. All so that he could take me to a Utes game.

0 comments: