CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #10- "I Love You"

So the rest of the night was full of butterflies! We were watching '8 Seconds' all alone late that night. I was resting my head on J.D.'s lap while we were watching the movie, and he was running his fingers through my hair. And then he spoke...lol! This is gonna sound so cheesy romanticly, so if you want to stop reading, that's fine. (I don't even like to think about how cheesy this sounds, but it's what happened and it was a major step for us...me anyways)
J.D. "Jenny?"
Jenny: "Ya?" and then I looked up at him.
J.D. "I love you." And he just looked me in the eyes and smiled.

So...my heart was racing. I just said,"really?"
J.D. "Ya, I really do."

Then..I didn't know what to say. NO ONE had ever said that before to me like that. Maybe it's because I only had first dates....???lol! I just smiled back and turned back to the movie. I didn't say ANYTHING back. haha! Of course I couldn't pay attention to the movie. My head just kept running weird thoughts like; does he want me to say it back? I don't know if I do, I just know we are gettin married...This is so surreal!

Then I decided I better decide if I do love him...maybe not in love, but maybe I was... How the heck do you know!! So I thought of my list..yes, I have a list. It is full of about 60 things a guy must have and do for him to be perfect for me. This list plays a major role for me.. and NO J.D. didn't know about the list until after we were married. :-) So, first-I was attracted to him, he had served a mission, he loved the gospel, he knew what he wanted to do for a career and it would support me and a family, he was funny, he thought I was cute, he knew how to work hard....etc.

Some of the things he hadn't done from the list YET, but most were accomplished from what I knew. I really loved being with him, and feeling safe...so ya, I did love him.

NOW all this thinkin' took probably less time than it took to read. So I did what J.D. did...
Jenny, "J.D.?"
J.D. "ya?"
Jenny "I love you too."
And then he just kissed me. :-) aaahhh! CUTE!

That was a little mushy for me, but we made it through. Really at the time I was feeling like that was mushy..I had never said I love you to any man like that, but I didn't say it first and we still got married. lol!

I went to bed that night knowing that I was loved and with butterflies just fluttering their way around me. It was a good night! And for the record, it took me a very long time-like until after we'd been married for awhile-for me to say I love you first. Now that our journey was headed in the right way, I figured it was time for J.D. to meet my mom and siblings, and set up a temple date.

0 comments: