CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #12- Before the Wedding??

After celebrating an early birthday, everyone had to leave. BUT 2 weeks later my mom came up north again to get more of my sister's things. She also wanted to go over some wedding things with me. Yes, I know- I didn't have a ring yet, but I didn't want to be a stressful bride so we started early.


J.D. and I had previously discussed getting married in August- it was about 10 months away, but J.D. was going to be in Virginia for the summer so we wanted to wait til afterwards. (this is another post, because obviously we got married in March)

So my mom came up, she said to me,"Do you want to go look at dresses?" I freaked out! Really??!! I was so excited because it was going to be just my mom and I for the night! I wanted J.D. to come, but you know what they say about seeing a bride before the wedding. Plus this was mom and daughter time. We went to Alyssa's Bridal in the University Mall. Before walking into the store I stopped my mom and said, "Now, I know what I want mom. I want a square neck, I don't care if I have a train or not, and I want the dress to wrap around my waist, cap sleeves, and with lots of sparkle!" We walked in the store and began our search. We had grabbed 2 or 3 to try on, and then I found one that I had to try on! This particular dress was the first one I tried on. It was a last year season dress, and had EVERYTHING I wanted! My mom just cried and knew that we'd found it. BUT to make sure we tried on 7 other dresses. Not one of them beat the the first dress out. So I put on the first dress again and twirled in the mirror. We added some accessories and there I stood knowing what I'd be wearing on my wedding day. My mom kinda teared up- it was such a neat experience. The dress fit PERFECTLY! It was on sale for $300, and there was no tailoring that needed to be done. This assured me that it was made for me! We put the dress on hold because I had no where to store the dress.
This shows you what the dress looked like- it's such a dramatic pic of me though! haha! And as you can see, it had EVERYTHING I told my mom I wanted!


2 Months later we needed to go get the dress to practice my hair for bridal pics. It was a little after Thanksgiving and we had just brought the dress to my apartment. J.D. came over and asked if he could see it.... I decided I wanted to show him. :-) I went to put it on and my mom and friends left the room so I could show J.D. alone. I walked into the room where J.D. was and stood there. He opened his eyes and ... ............... he started to cry! Not even kidding!!! He just walked around me in a circle and kept crying. He was speechless! I didn't even have my hair or make up done..I was just plain jane in this BEAUTIFUL dress. My mom and friends walked in a moment later and couldn't believe J.D. was teary eyed. It was so cute!
This pic was right after I showed J.D.!


So yes, J.D. saw me before our wedding in my dress, but I am here to tell everyone that it is NOT bad luck! I would consider it to be good luck! lol! I can say that it doesn't even mean not getting dolled up, because he saw me dolled up and in the dress before the wedding too. :-)

0 comments: