CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #15- Christmas Time

This is another super cheesy post...so feel free not to read.. if you do read it, don't make fun..

Before Christmas break we did take a weekend trip down to Kanab to try and sell a log bed to help pay for the ring. It was so much fun and we had a lot of interest. More importantly I got to show J.D. off to Kanab folks. I was pretty proud to have such a hottie holding my hand and kissin on me. 

J.D. suggested I sit on the bed to help sell it.... 
 And then my mother dearest needed one of both of us. 
 The day got longer and longer so obviously our poses changed, but we never stopped smiling! 
 We watched my nieces dance at the festival of trees and I got to sit on my hunners lap. 
 We practiced our puckers to see who's was better. Dancers always have to do facials in their routines and puckering is a big one for military routines... I think J.D. has it down perfect and my mom totally agreed that he could pucker better than me. 
 And we returned to more relaxing and being giddy in love! 


Some of you who've known me for a long long long time, may have come to find that I have huge issues with separation anxiety. Realizing this problem as I got older has helped me cope so much better than I used to. I've also learned to handle being without J.D. for weeks at a time since I've been married. I think I've mentioned this is other posts. . . anywho, now put this problem of mine with not being together with J.D. for my first Christmas with my first boyfriend/fiance and what do you get?? A very unstable Jenny. :-)

Christmas was just around the corner and I had already ordered J.D.'s suprise present!! He had wanted the George Washington praying picture ever since he first saw it. I told him that I wanted him to not buy me a Christmas gift and put all the money towards the ring. We had decided to exchange gifts (me give J.D his gift) after Christmas since we wouldn't be able to spend it together. Why you may ask? Well, first, I felt way uncomfortable spending Christmas with J.D.'s family because we weren't married, and I wanted to be with my family. Second, it would be J.D.'s first Christmas home since he returned from his mission and I didn't want to take that away from him. SO, we decided to do Christmas's with our own families.

We drove down with my brother Choc, and dropped J.D. off. I just cried and cried because the most we'd ever spent away from each other since our first date was probably one day. It killed me to know I wouldn't see him for 3! lol! Yep...I was securely attached to this man. We talked and talked and talked on the phone... It was so cute, except I can honestly say that talking on the phone is something I hate doing. It's so much easier in person! 

When we got back to Holden, J.D. and I planned a cute after Christmas date. He came over and I set up all of his gifts on the couch. He came out and was stunned! (Side note- I am really good at making J.D. speechless...lol!) I had secretly got him the picture of George Washington praying by his horse. It was a picture that J.D. had always wanted. I pulled it off and hid it from him for weeks! He was so excited about the picture! To this day we have that portrait hanging in our bedroom. It has so much meaning, not only because it was our first Christmas present, but the picture itself says so much.

Christmas was over, I still wasn't engaged and there was only 2 1/2 months left til the wedding...where the heck was my ring??? lol! I was kind of getting sad because I really did want to be officially engaged with a ring for at least a month before our wedding....

0 comments: