CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wedding Day! March 14th, 2007 at 10:00 AM

We got married in the Bountiful temple. We had all stayed the night in a hotel in Bountiful. My sister gave J.D. and I a massage (separately!). The next morning I did my own hair and make up. J.D. and I drove to the temple, and we were as calm as can be.

I will mention that while we left our car, my brother ask J.D. "Are you nervous?!"
J.D. knowing my family by then and knowing if he didn't say something good my brother would...and said, "heck no, I'm about to lose my virginity to your sister!"
Joke was on my brother! lol! Good job J.D.!

We walked in and introduced ourselves. They told me that for some amazing reason, there was a visitor helping at the temple that day who was randomly assigned to assist me through everything. Her last name was  'Shelley.' Which is my maiden name! I could hardly believe it, but we found that we were related through the Shelley's in Arizona which is where my family is from.

During the ceremony the sealer said that he had never seen a couple as happy as we were. He also mentioned things about J.D.'s patriarchal blessing and mine even though he didn't know what our patriarchal blessings said! It was amazing. I remember smiling and laughing, and then looking over and J.D. had tears in his eyes. 
After the ceremony we got to do the traditional walk out of the temple and everyone cheering! 
 Everyone cheered as we kissed and stood above the waterfall.
 We didn't take a lot of pictures because we didn't like the idea of everyone waiting on us and waiting to eat. But here are a few that we did take... Us and my family. 
 Of course I needed one with my dad!
 Us and J.D's family!
 Our boss Jill came to the temple and gave us this gift! We were going to live in a 14ft trailer for 6 weeks before leaving to Virginia. We called it the Hilton... so naturally she gave us this sign...
 Everyone left to go to a local church to set up to eat and change while J.D. and I stayed for 15 more minutes taking pics... 
 We could not stop smiling! Look at this amazing view from the Bountiful Temple!
 And while everyone was gone we snuck in a few more kisses!
 We went to the Anniversary Inn for our honeymoon. On the way to the hotel, I fell asleep! lol! I was sooo tired! J.D. got a call from the temple and they forgot to have the witnesses sign the certificate!! So they got an address to mail it to us, have it signed, then mail it back. They mailed it to Kanab so we could get it the next weekend at our reception when everyone would be gathered again. 

We stayed in the Swiss Family Robinson room our first two nights, and then the Sultan's Palace the third night. We did go walk around the Gateway Mall one of the days, but for the most part we just relaxed and got lots of good food! 

The next weekend we had a reception in Kanab! Here is the cake that my Aunt Jeannie made! I remember looking at this cake in magazines when I was little and she babysat me. I remember this cake and loving it.... my dream came true! 
 We bought our own knife and spatula and tied it with ribbons. There is the vases we tied and bouquet's we created. 
 The food was SO amazing! Thank you Costco! 
 Here we are with my bouquet and J.D.'s parents.
 The backdrop is something we made ourselves out of logs! The vines are from my parents house, and we just decorated most of it ourselves that day. Of course my brothers are pretty awesome and funny!
 At the time, here is all of our nieces and nephews! More came soon!
 Here is the official line. Hand made dresses, back drops, and boquets! It's a long line, but stunning none the less. 
 I did throw a small bouquet and guess what!? J.D.'s sister JoAnn caught it!! 
 So awesome and such a great memory! She was so excited and it was so much fun!
 J.D. getting the garner. ... so awkward....
 Obviously he is so embarrassed and beat red! 
 We then cut the cake... and I may have snuck in some frosting before actually eating the cake.
 This picture is pretty much our life. I told J.D. I would be nice and he promised to be nice as well..... 
I couldn't help myself... Smeared all over his face! 
 And our car did get decorated... This is such a messy tradition that I hated. 
We stayed at really nice hotel that night. It was beautiful. The next weekend we did the same type of thing in Holden. I loved that I got to wear my dress 4 times! We may have dragged it all out, but at least we weren't tired and really got to enjoy every minute! 
March 14th, 2007... 10 years ago from when I'm writing this. 
We couldn't be happier and have been through so much. I love you J.D. and I can't wait to see what we get to do the rest of our life! I love getting to spend it all with you. 

0 comments: