CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #5- First Date Part 1

There really isn't much history before the first date. J.D. had only been home from his mission for almost 2 months. If you don't want to read this post that's fine. It's extremely long because I tried to put all the details of what I remember in it.

Now, I thought I would make sure I had enough time to get ready. So basically since J.D. had called at 4 to let me know we were going to the Utes game, I started getting ready right away. It seems like if you plan time to get ready then you end up having too much time, and you end up ready 40 min. early. Well, I had just cleaned up my apartment, picked out my clothes, did my make-up ever so slowly. I kept running scenarios in my head of how to act, things to say, how to smile, and things not to do! But, then I started to relax, and decided that I just needed to be me. I spent all summer trying to find that person and now was my chance to show this extremely hot guy who 'me' was. So I wore red & white to support the Utes, instead of finding a super cute outfit. I wore my hair the way I love to wear it, straight with a little poofing. I decided to not try anything cuter with my make up, and wore some simple earrings. I had also decided I was NOT going to kiss him if the opportunity presented itself, even though I knew I would want to. lol!

5:30 sharp, J.D. rings the doorbell. My heart jumped from my chest. Here Goes! I opened the door and he was smiling so big. I was too.! lol! (If you know J.D. he never stops smiling. People refer to him as the guy who is always smiling. This is funny because that's what everyone called me growing up, the girl who never stopped smiling). J.D. opened my door to the truck, held my hand to help me get in, and slid in next to me. We rode with J.D.'s roommate and his date. The ride up from Orem to Salt Lake was so cute! I sat in the middle back seat and J.D. was next to the door. While we were all chatting away, J.D. kept leaning on my leg to try and listen to the people up front better. (Of course I totally remembered this because in my mind I was thinking, he is just trying to stay close to me... you can hear just fine.)
Turns out I was right about this. I asked J.D. later on during our dating days and he said he could hear, he really was just trying to be closer. lol!

We ate at Rumbi's in Salt Lake before the game. Now this sounds so dumb, but I have this thing about guys paying with cash on a date. I love seeing that I'm not a credit card date (debt date). Well J.D. had cash- I was totally taken. Then, we went to sit down...there wasn't any tables left. So, being me, I said we should sit with the guy all alone at a table of 4. I asked and he said yes. J.D. set down the food, and pulled out my chair for me. Oh my gosh was I totally falling. We are eating and talking to this guy. He worked for a news station or newspaper place. He then asked us, "So how long have you guys been married?" J.D. about choked on his food while I replied, " Oh I don't know.. how long have we been married J.D.?" I was laughing just trying to play along. BUT J.D. then got his throat cleared and said, "Actually this is our first date." We all just laughed! Then the guys replied, "Wait til I go home and tell the wife this one." We just had the best conversation with this man. We got up and left, J.D. opened my door again. We were off to the game.

0 comments: