CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #11- "Hand Check"

After meeting J.D.'s parents, we headed back up north on Saturday. My mom was going to be there, with my sister Jori, and my brother Choc to help move my sister Kortni. Kortni, Choc, and I lived in Village on the Parkway together. Kort and I lived in the same apartment, and all three of us were in the same ward. :-) Kortni had been sick for a long time and was finally diagnosed with Susac Syndrome. She had to go home and live with my mom because she couldn't hardly walk or see at the time.

We drove up and J.D. came over to the apartment. I was excited to show J.D. off to everyone for several reasons, but mainly because he is so freaking HOT, and was like a 'trophy' boyfriend. By trophy I mean, he was EVERYTHING I wanted, he had served a mission, was/is so good looking, and I didn't think I'd marry somebody who was that good looking. J.D. is way out of my league! He was such a gentleman, he was going to be successful with his education and career, and I've never had a boyfriend ...I'll stop there cuz this is about the 'hand check' story.

So we walked in the door and I hugged my mom and introduced J.D. (remember, my mom knew about J.D. and I getting married). She immediately just gave J.D. a hug and said "Good to meet you!" (my family is a hugger fam by the way) Everyone was all smiles! He shook my brother Choc's hand. Choc can be intimidating because he's 6'4 and thicker. And Choc puts on this hard front because he wants to get to know the person and make them feel like they have to pass a test...However, Choc actually was pretty nice. I think he could sense what I sensed about J.D. My mom had bought me a cake to celebrate my birthday early. She didn't think she'd be up north around Halloween, so she wanted to do something then. We had cake and ice cream! 
 I was going to be 20! 

We all just laughed and had such a great time together. A little later, J.D. and I slipped into my room to cuddle for a bit. We were laying on my bed and my brother Choc opened my door and said, "HAND CHECK!" Immediately my hands went flying into the air and J.D's hands.....ya, he didn't move!

In my head, "DUDE! put your hands up! This is my brother who is much larger than you! WHY isn't he putting his hands up???!!! I'm dead!"

Choc's stood there shocked for a second and said, "Man, that's not good...." He started to turn and I said, "We aren't doing anything! J.D. why didn't you put your hands up!!!??"

Well, innocent little J.D. said, "Wait, what's hand check? I can put my hands up, but I dont' get it..."

WHEW!!! I explained that hand check is to make sure you aren't doing anything inappropriate. So then J.D. put his hands up. haha! Choc just laughed and said, "You are so lucky you didn't know what it meant."

0 comments: