CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Catch it Andee & Happy 6th My Sweet Hunners

This last week my mom came into town for a few days. While she was here we bought some spring decor to decorate Andee's grave sight. Dawson was so excited! He made sure Andee would like everything. It was therapeutic for me to be able to give my daughter something and decorate something for her. After Andee passed away I felt that I wouldn't get to do anything for her and I had to pack away everything we had done to get ready for her- which included all of her room decorations. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Being able to decorate her grave sight helped me to see I can do little things for her even though she is gone.


We put some solar powered flowers on the ground so Andee would have lights and night and not get scared. A couple nights later we drove up to the cemetery to see if the flowers were glowing. Dawson rolled down his window and said "Hello Andee!" We sat there for a minute and then started to drive away. I said "Goodnight Andee." Dawson waved out his window and said good night too. As we circled around and were headed out of the cemetary Dawson waved again and said,"We'll miss you Andee!"Then Dawson blew her a kiss and yelled, "Catch it Andee!"

It brought tears to mine and J.D.'s eyes.It was so sweet! We couldn't be more proud of Dawson. It's the most amazing and hardest experience we continue to have with a child in Heaven and one here on earth. We are so grateful for the bond and relationship Dawson has with his sister. Between Dawson, the things we've witnessed and the experiences we've had to get to know Andee are unspeakable and are what gets us through each day. 
On another note, it was a great way to spend our 6th Anniversary! This Anniversary we kind of forgot ourselves, but meaning we forgot to focus so much on us. We just spent a lot of time thinking of Andee. For me I thought a lot about how if we want to raise her we need to be our best selves down here on Earth. We've started to find out a lot about how many other people in this world, and in our heritage who have lost a baby. Thoughts like these are what has brought us a lot of comfort. Happy Anniversary Hunners! 

0 comments: