CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #5- First Date Part 2

We drove to the game and picked up our tickets at "Will Call." Again, J.D. pulled out the cash and paid. I couldn't help checking J.D. out while he wasn't facing me. I remember thinking how HOT he was. I was totally beside myself.

Side note- I was totally taken that this HOT guy wanted to take me out. I seriously thought he was way out of my league. So to think I was this lucky girl who got to be with this GORGEOUS guy....I was on cloud 9 with just his looks.

J.D. and I looked at our seats and headed up...and up...and up..and up the stairs. On our journey up to the top of the bleachers we passed a whole row of empty seats. We went 4 or 5 more steps and then I said, "Let's just sit there.. If anyone comes we'll just scoot over.." J.D. laughed and said, "Really?" Then a red nervous little flag went off in my head.. what is he thinking? what did that mean? Did I just do something terrible? BUT I said, " Yeah. It will be fine." So we turned down the bleachers and sat on the empty row. We sat close, but not as close as we were by the end of the game. :-) Next thing we knew, another couple sat down on the empty row. We scooted over, but J.D. being his outgoing self began a conversation with the couple. Turns out, those weren't their seats either. haha!

Time went on. The game was AWESOME! I stood and cheered and got into the game as I normally would and J.D. did the same. (I later found out he loved how into the game I got). The half time show was great! I was having the time of my life. I so wanted to just cuddle with J.D. on the bleachers, but I was adamant about NOT doing anything first.

Early on in the 3rd quarter the Utes scored!! We both jumped up and cheered with excitement! J.D. then totally hugged me with excitement! It was SOOO awesome! AND as our hands came down from cheering J.D. grabbed mine!! I remember my heart was jumping out of my chest again. lol! All I could focus on was my hand in his hand. I don't remember much of the rest of the game. We sat super close after that, and J.D. all of the sudden let go of my hand and just put his arm around me. Even though this just melted my heart, everything felt so natural. It wasn't awkward, or weird, or extremely nerve racking. J.D. will even say he just felt natural about how everything happened. It's like that was the way it was supposed to be.

The game ended and we walked down the bleachers, through the crowds, and back to the truck. NOW one of my other favorite things besides paying with cash, is a guy being in control of the date. When I say this I mean that he will just be decisive because after all, he did ask me to go on the date.  Especially when other people are around. On this walk back to the truck, J.D. never let go of my hand. I would have to squeeze through people with J.D. behind me and he would lead me from behind. It was like dancing through the bleachers, and the crowd. I didn't even have to think because I was being led. Even when he was right next to me he led me. I guess that's why I remember this so well. By now, I would have expected J.D. to see all the butterflies and twinkles around me...well...actually I think he could sense it. We finally got the side walk and we could finally talk about more personal things. We got to the mission talk and he told me he'd just gotten home. He went to Dallas, and told me all the great things he did on his mission. I just loved it. He wasn't weird at all for being home less than 2 months. He was definitely more confident then, than he is now. He taught himself spanish! So I would ask him how to say things and he'd tell me, then I would try repeating them. We kinda stopped talking for a minute and got to the truck. Since the other couple wasn't there, and they had the keys we knew we were in for a long wait.

0 comments: