CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Meeting Mason & 8 Wonderful Years

Since we were finally back in Utah, we decided that for our anniversary to go to St. George to see my family, meet our new nephew, and celebrate our 8th anniversary! I was determined to make the trip with my back, and I did! Ohhh how we missed the sweet sunshine of St. George. Every time we go we always feel like it's a vacation. J.D. and I are determined to have a vacation home down there one day. It never fails, we can always relax and have a good time! 

We obviously had to go swimming and bask in the warm sunshine down in St. George. I didn't really swim, I more just pushed Monty around in a little baby floating. Monty loved the water, and Dawson was in Heaven!
Jori brought Mason to the pool and he didn't like it for too long. 
These pics aren't in order... this was the day I met Mason and got to cuddle my sweet niece MK and have a tea party! 
Monty wasn't really into the tea party as you can see by his face. He is ALL boy. He left us and went outside to ride a bike.....
Here is me, Monty, and Mason. I was so excited to see him and hold him. Monty was so gentle with him too! However, Monty didn't like it when I just held Mason. Monty wanted to be a part of the fun too. 
For our anniversary, I had secretly bought some amazing shrimp from a private vendor and some teriyaki salmon. Now, I hate fish, but I thought that if I bought some J.D. could have his favorite thing to eat and I would just make me something else. We never go to a fish restaurant for our anniversary, so this was my compromise. The fish was so good, that Dawson ate it! He devoured the shrimp along with Carson. 

Before we ate our amazing dinner, we went to do a temple session. It was a pretty amazing experience. We were praying about whether or not to have more children, and our answer was so spiritual and then J.D. confirmed what I had felt as well. I was second guessing what I had seen, and then J.D. said what he had felt and I was just shocked that he said what he did. So I then told him was I had seen. It was seriously one of the most amazing experiences. I love that I can go to the temple with J.D. and I am so grateful that we live so close to temples now. Being in Glendive, we were 3 hours away from any temple. It made it extremely hard to go with finding a sitter for the kids. We would have to take turns going through a session while one of us stayed with the kids. It's so nice to go with J.D. at the same time. 

In our 8 years of marriage we have done some amazing things, and gone through some extremely hard/spiritual times. This last year we spent in Montana learning and growing more confident in who we are and our testimonies. It was absolutely amazing to see people change their lives for the better and be baptized. We learned how to be missionaries together. It helped me to see where I need to better prepare for a mission when J.D. and I go later. The members up their, and our friends helped us see that we were good people and we were trying our best. They gave us confidence in who we were as friends, parents, and individuals. J.D. and I both had lost a lot of that confidence through the past years of not getting into dental school, low income, losing Andee, and many other things. As we helped others, other helped us. I miss Glendive and all that was up there, but I also know that we are happy to be by family and have our children get to know our family more as well. 

0 comments: