CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #6- The Bishop

The next day (Friday Oct. 6th, 2006) I called my mom to tell her about my first date with J.D. and that I was getting married!!
My mom simply replied, "Now don't read too much into this Jenny. Take some time and don't fall head over heals so fast."
What she said didn't even phase me. I KNEW I would be getting married, and I also knew once she met J.D., she would believe me. I also had a talk to prepare for that day. I did everything in my power not to text J.D. or call him... I didn't want to be pushy, and intimidating. This was extremely hard to do since I wanted to tell J.D. so badly what I knew. :-) I held strong until Sunday. On Sunday I had to speak in church. **side note: J.D. had to speak in church that Sunday as well. We figured this out afterward. After sacrament, I went to talk to the guy who set up meetings with the bishop. I needed to tell the bishop as well. After church was over, I waited for my meeting with the bishop. Now, before I say what happened next, I want everyone to understand this is EXACTLY how this happened.
I walked in and shook his hand. I was kind of nervous, but he was such a good bishop I knew everything would be alright. We both sat down and before I could say one word, he replied,
"When do we put you in temple prep?"
My face was probably priceless-my eyes just got big like my mouth and I said,
" HOW do you know?!!!"
Bishop, " All morning I've had a feeling about somebody in the ward. When you walked in, I just knew."
Me, "Well, he doesn't know yet! So let me tell him and then we'll talk about temple prep."
We both just started laughing.
Bishop, "He doesn't know??"
Me, "Well, not exactly. BUT he will."
We laughed some more. I began to tell him the first date story, and how it all happened. It was just too funny that the bishop knew as well.

So in short, the bishop, the Lord, my mom and I ALL knew that J.D. and I would be getting married. However, J.D. still didn't know. So in my mind, I thought that I better let him know. Without thinking about my decision of 'not being intimidating or pushy' I called J.D. that afternoon and told him about the movie we all get together and watch after ward prayer Sunday nights. I invited him over to watch it with us. He said he had a paper he needed to write that night so he didn't know if he'd be able to. So I suggested to write it at my house during the movie. He thought this was a great idea and said he'd come.

0 comments: