CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #14- Reserving the Temple

This is just a simple memory, but I don't want any bits to be forgotten...so if you choose not to read, its fine. There isn't much to this one :-)

Compromising on which temple we would be married in wasn't much of a compromise. I lived in Bountiful and went to the University of Utah my first year of college. At the time I was taking architecture classes-which meant a lot of drawing. For my final project I drew the Bountiful Temple. My first year of college wasn't all that easy, as some of you may relate, the first year is probably the hardest. For me it was difficult leaving my family, a small town, and all my friends. It was a difficult transition learning the routine with roommates, with college, how to study (really study), and not having many friends for awhile. SO- I spent a lot of time at the Bountiful Temple. That's why I drew it for my final project. There was so much I learned looking at the temple and figuring out life. It was my stability that first year. I spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to be married there.




When J.D. and I sat down and discussed wedding dates, we finally decided March 14th. It was my Grandma Shelley's birthday that day so the date was/is extremely special. Also, it was spring break! So after my birthday, the following week, J.D. had picked me up and we went for a drive. We decided we should probably call the temple and reserve one of the bigger sealing rooms before it was taken-and the time. We had spent the evening counting relatives and friends that would probably be able to make it. We then talked about a time...what time should anyone get married? So many thoughts like- how long does it take? How long for pics afterwards? How long do I really need to get ready? How late is too late to have a luncheon?

We pulled into a small local gas station on center street in Orem, UT. J.D. hopped out to fill up with gas while I dialed 411 to get the temple's number. J.D. got back in the car because I insisted that he do all the talking. After a short time, J.D. had it all set up! AND guess what?! We got to choose any time because no one else would be getting married that day so far. So we choose 10:00 am. To me, it couldn't have been a more perfect time. Now...what else was left? I had my dress, my guy, and the temple reserved...

I couldn't get married without recieving my endowments... so we decided to set that date as well. I scheduled to recieve my endowments in the St. George Temple on March 10th @ 10:00 am.
 Everything was going to smooth which was another sign that this was definitely meant to be. 

0 comments: