CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #9- Meeting the Parents

I left off with J.D. leaving for Holden Wednesday and I came Thursday night. I told J.D. I really wanted to go for a horse ride with him when I got there. So on Thursday I started for Holden America. When I got to the exit I pulled off to the side of the road and had a freak out moment. I called an old friend and explained what I was doing. I had never thought that I would be in this situation of meeting someone else's parents! I really wanted them to like me, and for things to go smoothly. PLUS I had the anxiety of telling them we knew we'd be getting married and it had only been 1 week since our first date!

HOW IN THE WORLD are you supposed to tell parents that and everything still seem picture perfect. So of course I'm running this through my mind...
THOUGHT, "Hey, I'm Jenny, your future daughter in law. I thought I would tell you this since it's old news to me. I found out last week. :) OH and for the record we haven't said I love you yet, but we are still getting married. Oh and can I stay at your house tonight?"

See- I was freaking out. lol! I almost turned around and didn't go to J.D.'s (I was 3 minutes away) I started to say a prayer to know what to do, and J.D. called! So, with that sign I decided it would be okay and to keep going. I got to his house and their was this hot cowboy standing in front of the horse trailer waiting for me. I was so excited to see him. SO.. I drove up in the middle of their circular driveway (the part that isn't meant to be driven on). I didn't know it was a circular drive way because it wasn't finished and it was pitch black outside. Great first approach. J.D. asked me to move my car and then we went out back to saddle up the horses. His dad was back there and he shook hands with me and then went inside. OKAY! One down, one to go! lol! We headed inside where the rest of his family was. I was introduced and went to shake his mom's hand...and she said, "oh...I would shake your hand, but I have onions on them..."
THOUGHT: Onions? That can't be a good sign. Great.

J.D. and I left on the horse up the canyon and his family soon came after. Before they came, J.D and I had made it to the campground and decided to just keep riding around. Here is a part that we disagree on, but too funny not to tell. J.D. claims that I grabbed his hands and put them on my boobs as we were trotting around. I say there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever do that!!! We both still disagree.

His family had planned a dutch oven dinner up the canyon for the night. It was so much fun! I met everyone, and then we left back down the mountain. My favorite part was being on the horse with J.D., with a clear starry night. It was so cute.

That's basically it. There wasn't much to the night and meeting his parents. We didn't tell them about us getting married. J.D. did mention something, but their reply was, "J.D. doesn't have enough money to walk across the street. What's he thinkin getting married?"

While J.D. was outside on the back porch of his parent's house cleaning the dutch ovens, I saw inside at the bar just visiting with his parents. J.D. says that he kept looking in at me and watched how I just easily conversed with his family. He said it was a huge statement for him and that's when he knew he loved me.

So from that you can see where they stood with it. They really never believed we were actually getting married until I had a ring. But that's another story. :-) So that night we watched 8 seconds and it was during that movie...I'm ending here so I can write it on another post.

0 comments: