CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Date Story #5- First Date Part 3

First thing that happened when we got back to the truck...well lets just say I've never had butterflies jump out of my heart this strong, but it was strong enough that I still can feel it when I think of what happened. J.D. leaned up against the truck, with his back to the truck and pulled me in to hold me. Once he had me in his arms he kissed my forehead so sweetly. It was right above my left eye..I will never forget that moment. I couldn't think and at that moment I knew I was going to marry J.D.

By the way...I didn't mention this before, but in my patriarchal blessing I am told several things about my future spouse. I am mentioning this so I don't forget to tell my children about this part of the story. On our walk I happened to remember a certain part of my patriarchal blessing. It says that I need to go to the Lord for confirmation of my choice. So I acted on it. While walking to the truck, I just knew I wanted to marry him. So I silently said a prayer in my head and said, "Lord, this is who I choose. This is the guy I want to marry. I'm coming to you and asking for confirmation... Is this right?" Immediately I felt the answer and heard it loud and clear, YES. I could feel the spirit so strong and that's how I knew it was Heavenly Father answering me.

Well, after he kissed my forehead and I knew I was going to marry J.D. I was able to see things so clearly from then on. I knew this was the big thing that was going to happen in my life. I knew why I wasn't supposed to go on a mission. So many answers I received and could see clearly why. After being held for a long time, we decided to pop the tail gate down so we could sit. While we were sitting we played the famous "Question, Answer" Game. Now remember J.D. is just 2 months home from his mission.
Jenny: So where is your fantasy make out?
J.D.-(answers, but I have the answer in my journal.)
J.D.-What temple do you want to get married in?
Jenny-Bountiful! I lived in Bountiful and spent a lot of time there drawing sketches of the temple for class and pondering life. It means a lot to me.
J.D.-is getting married in a different temple negotiable?
Jenny- No. hahaha!
Jenny-Where and what is your dream date?
J.D.-(Answer in my journal)
J.D.-What's your favorite scripture?
Jenny-Ether 12:27. ...

For some reason my mind was on making out and dates, while J.D.'s mind was on a more spiritual level. Go figure! Right at that moment we saw the other couple coming towards the truck so the 'Question, Answer' Game ended quickly. I'm pretty sure I was putting J.D. out of his comfort zone. Lol! We got in the truck and had to face the question, "What were you guys doing in the back of the truck?" Haha-of course it was just a joke and we laughed about it. On the way home I completely fell asleep! J.D. just held me the entire way. He calmly woke me up when we got back to my apartment. He walked me to my door and gave me a sweet hug good night. :-)

J.D. says he went home trying to think of the next time to take me out. :-)

0 comments: